Friday, January 16, 2015

WriYe Blog Circle January

I decided I would at least attempt to do this WriYe Blog Circle thing and considering one of my goals for this year was to spend more time on this blog. Win, win, right? Right!

As the beginning of a new year, one of the things that is talked about are resolutions or goals for this year. WriYe apparently feels the same.

What is your one main goal for this year? Call it your writing resolution. Not two. Not five. Your main and only one. And why is it your goal?

Well that question is way harder than it really should be. I have actually been trying to decide this for awhile now, and by awhile I mean the last five years or so. Seriously, ever since I won my the first NaNo, back in 2010. That win was the first ever book I wrote, initially back in the 3rd grade. Thank-you Mrs. Davis. Since I finished that book, let me just say it's just sitting there and I don't think I will ever actually edit it all the way. Then I add the numerous amount of other stories that I have written a very rough draft of and all I can do is sigh. 

Yes, I'm rambling. Okay, back to the topic. My one goal, my number one goal, EDIT. I would love to say I will edit my NaNoWriMo 2010 winner Wall of Nightmares but I know I won't. However, my goal is to edit as much as I can. Editing 18 Days and ReFurbished. 

Sure I can say I have written first drafts but as of right now I cannot say I have edited a story to it's Final Draft and dammit I want to say 2015 is the year I did just that. 

I don't have a mantra, yet, last year was "Oh, f* it." This year I really hope it's something else.  We will see in the next month or so. 

Until, next time. 

Happy Writing. 



1 comment:

  1. Editing is also my one main goal for the year. I would also like to get a novel (or a short story) out of the First Draft stage. Good luck to you and your editing!

    ReplyDelete